Sunday, February 06, 2022

February 6, 2022 … Peaceful Slumber …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 37 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Michael W Smith singing … My Jesus I Love Thee … singing of how we Christians can rest in peace, knowing that Jesus is our love and our life’s priority. 



==============

Highlight Passage: …  Proverbs 3:24 [NLT] …   

24  You can go to bed without fear, … you will lie down and sleep soundly. 

… When we can trust in God (completely), God promises, thru Solomon, His peace to give us sound sleep.                        

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Proverbs 3:19-24 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Solomon gives God’s promise of His peace when we focus on His wisdom.                              

===============                                             .                                     


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  

Trusts in the Lord with ALL your heart; and do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in ALL you do, and He will show you which patch to take. 

… Solomon also shows us that we find our way in life by COMPLETELY trusting in our Lord, … no matter what happens!  


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Isaiah 26:3 [NLT] …  

3 You will keep in perfect peace ALL who trust in You, … ALL whose thoughts are fixed on You. 

… God promises His peace to those who can keep their (OUR) focus on our trust in God. 


Highlight Passage [Context]: … John 16:33 [NLT] … 

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” 

… Jesus gives assurance to His disciples (and us too!) that He will give us His peace because He has overcome the troubles of the world.   


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Romans 5:1 [NLT] …  

Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.   

… God, thru Paul to fellow Christians (like us), promises His peace to those who have surrendered our lives to the Lordship of Christ.   


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Philippians 4:6-8 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Paul, promises His peace to guard our hearts when we can hold to and hold our thoughts on our relationship with Christ as LORD of our thoughts. 

          

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Cindy Hess Kasper, … AT THIS LINK  tells of her friend, Floss,  developed a strategy to help her sleep by singing the old hymn, ”My Jesus I Love Thee,” (see linked song), which calmed her mind and gave her the peace to sleep.     


And all of the Scriptures above help us, as born-again believers, to put our focus on our trust and relationship with Christ to be able to capture God’s peace, … which, like Floss in the ODB story, can give us more peaceful slumber when we often are surrounded by the cares and trials of this world.  


So, I’m stopping to pray that all reading here with me have ways to bring our focus on our Lord when we need peaceful slumber or the ability to seek His rest in these times of turmoil.  I’ve got a great tool which has helped me to sleep more soundly, which I’d be glad to share with anyone if you email me @ billb13@bellsouth.net     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for helping me to sleep soundly by keeping my thoughts on You, Lord.   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to rest and sleep in the trust we have in You, Lord.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Not::  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: