Thursday, February 24, 2022

February 24, 2022 … Following Our Leader

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 55


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Clay Crosse, Bob Carlisle, and Bebe Winans singing … I will Follow Christ …  powerfully singing of how we, as disciples of Christ, must declare we are true followers of our Lord and then back it up with action. 


Zumba - Follow the Leader ... 

==============

Highlight Passage: … 1Corinthians 11:1 [NLT] …   

1 And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.  

… All we have to do is look into the night sky <b>(see photo)</b> to discern the glory of God in creating all we see for our good and His glory.                   

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … 1Corinthians 10:23-11:1 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK

… Paul trying to lead those in Corinth to follow Christ’s way not their own ways..                          

===============                                              .                                          


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Proverbs 3:5-6  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  </b>

…It’s all a matter of trusting God to follow His word and to avoid letting our own ways to      


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Luke 9:23  [NLT] …  

23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me..  

… Jesus showed His followers what it takes to be His true disciples.    


Highlight Passage [Context]: … John 14:21  [NLT] … 

21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”   

… Jesus showed His disciples that the way to know those who truly love The Lord is to see if they obey His commands (i.e., His word).  


Highlight Passage [Context]: … John 15:5  [NLT] …  

“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.   

… Jesus showed His inner disciples that they must remain as abiding in Him to have any power in life.             


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kstara Patton … AT THIS LINK tells of how the developers of Zumba, the musical exercise system, developed a way for any exerciser to follow any Zumba leader without any verbal cues.   


And to some degree that’s what Paul was trying to show confused seekers in Corinth … that they could follow Christ … by following him, … Paul, … following the way he lived to follow Christ (see 1Cor 11:1)).   But Paul’s way of following His Leader - Jesus - was to live according to and obey Christ’s commands. … i.e., His word.  And that’s what Jesus commanded His true disciples, didn’t He (see red letter verses above)?  


And as I meditate along with the music/words of the linked song, I’m here daily, staying on track myself and prayerfully leading others to follow Christ by doing what He, Himself, told others in God’s word (see Scriptures above).    That’s my prayer for all reading here today. So, let’s all follow THE Leader again today.      


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for showing us the way to go again today.     

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to follow You, Lord, leading us to Your glory again today thru Your word..  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: