Saturday, February 19, 2022

February 19, 2022 … Spotting God’s Peace

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 50 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Don Moen singing … Wonderful Peace …  poignantly singing of how we, who are truly Christ’s disciples, can find and hold onto God’s wonderful peace.  


Spotting during a pirouette ... 

==============

Highlight Passage: …  Isaiah 26:3 [NLT] …   

 You will keep in perfect peace ALL who trust in You, … ALL whose thoughts are fixed on You! 

… God promises to give His peace to any/all who keep focused on God’s truth.                          

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Isaiah 26:3-4 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God promise His peace to the faithful who’re willing to focus on and believe in Him as THE  ROCK OF AGES.                                    

==========                                              .                                         


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Isaiah 55:10-11  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK ... 

… God’s word will provide His faithful remnant of believers with the fruit of peace in our lives; but we have to be willing to seek it out and trust in Him.         


Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Matthew 11:28-30  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus promises to give rest and peace to those who’re willing to yoke our lives to His strength to cover our weaknesses.     


Highlight Passage [Context]: …  John 16:33  [NLT]  … 

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”   

… By focusing on our abiding relationship with Christ we can find more peace in our lives.        

        

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Philippians 4:6-7  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Godl, thru Paul, shows born-again believers that we can find God’s proactive peace if we’re willing to come to Him with a thankful heart, seeking after that peace in prayer.    


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kimya Loder … AT THIS LINK   discovered, as a young ballerina, that she could avoid dizziness, after spinning in a pirouette, (see photo) by SPOTTING a place on the wall to focus on after each turn.   


And that is a good life picture of what we, as disciples of Christ, must do to avoid turmoil and confusion in this troubled world; … and that is to do a “spot” on God’s truth, as Isaiah taught God’s faithful followers In the highlight passage.  And Jesus, Himself, promised His peace and rest to those who’re willing to “spot” on Him daily (i.e., surrendering to His truth in Matt 11:28-30).  The Apostle Paul also (see  Phil 4:6-7) taught fellow Christians (and us too!!) that we can do a “spot” on God’s protective peace if we come to Him, with thankful and humble hearts, to pray for His peace 


If’ you’ve followed me posting my daily journal entries here daily - for years - you know that I come here each day to start out my day by “spotting” my life on God’s word, … grounding my thoughts in God’s steady and protective word; … because I know (and have experienced) the peace that comes from being in and living in God’s truth.  


How about you, my friend?  Could you use more peace in your life?  Well, … I’m praying that you can “spot” faithfully on God’s truth today and tomorrow … and daily … being in His word and finding His promised peace.        


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your peace,  that I find daily, by being in Your word.    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to seek out, find, and hold onto Your peace, Lord, by “spotting” on Your word.     … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: