Monday, August 16, 2021

August 16, 2021 … Faith In Action …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 228


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   …  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Zach Williams, singing  … A Little Less Like Me … Powerfully singing of how we, as Christ’s disciples, should be showing more of living like Christ and less like living as our flesh would dictate.   



==============

Highlight Passage:  James 1:27 [ESV] …  

27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world. 

James gives an example of what real religion (i.e., faith) is all about … and that is to show the love of Christ in the way we live.             

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  James 2:14-26 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  James, the half-brother of Jesus, writing to beleaguered Christians that faith, without works, is not really faith.          

==============                             


Reference Passage:  Matthew 25:40 [ESV] …  

40 … ’Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’. 

Jesus in a parable teaches His followers about that when, in our faith, serve those in need we are serving Him.   


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [ESV] … 

20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  

… Paul teaches the reality that our faith in Christ is lived out by living in the flesh the way Jesus lived when He was flesh - for others. 


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 2:8-10 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK ...  

…Paul declares that we are saved BY God’s grace, THRU faith, UNTO good works 


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 11:1, 6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK ... 

…God, thru the Author of Hebrews, shows that faith is shown by those who live out their (our) belief in Christ.



My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Tim Gustafson AT THIS LINK  … writes of a man, named Sam, who saw Christians reach out to help his family when they had to flee during the chaos of a military coup and when Sam’s family had lost everything.  Seeing the faith in action of these Christians, who didn’t even know Sam’s family, led him to faith in Christ and ultimately to become a Minister of the Gospel.  

  

And that’s the kind of FAITH IN ACTION that James wrote about in the highlight passage.  And it’s the kind of faithful - Christlike - living which Zach Williams sings about in the linked song.  And I pray it’s the kind of genuine faith that others see in us, … and the kind of faith God will show off to others so that they see Christ living in and though the way we live as ambassadors of our Lord. 

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for helping me to live more like You and less like me.          

My Prayer Today:  Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to show off our faith in You, Lord, by the way we treat others today.  … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or ou can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: