Wednesday, August 18, 2021

August 18, 2021 … Yet He Still Loves Me …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 230 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Andy Irons singing  God Knows Everything … Joyfully singing of how our God knows everything about us, as born-again Christians … yes, all the bad stuff, … and yet He still loves us. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 139:1, … 23 [NLT] …  

O Lord, You have examined my heart and know everything about me. …  23  Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. </i> 

David recognizes that God knows everything about the King (v. 1) … and so he pleads with His King of kings to test him (v 23) to show him God’s way to go in life.               

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalm 139:1-6, 23-24 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  King David in song recognizes God’s sovereignty to know all about him (or anyone), allowing the King to plead for God to show His heart how to follow God’s way, … not his own.           

==============                             


Reference Passage: Jeremiah 29:11 [NLT] …  

11 ” …For I know the plans I have for you,”  says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 

God gives hope to Jeremiah that His plans are for his good and for God’s chosen and that God’s plans will - in the future - come to be true.   


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ... 

… God, thru Solomon, shows His beloved followers that we must trust God to know the way we should go and then to follow Him wherever He leads … avoiding going our own way. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 8:28 [NLT] … 

28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.  

… Paul teaches fellow Christians God’s truth that anything/everything which happens in this life is for the good of His chosen, born-again saints (that’s us!).


Reference Passage: 1John 3:20 [NLT] …  

20 Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and He knows everything. 

… God, thru the Apostle John, that we need to do all we can to follow God prompting and leading our hearts rather than following our feelings.


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Cindy Hess Kasper AT THIS LINK   … writes of thanking God for her dearest and closest girl friend, … who knew the deepest secrets about the ODB author, … yes, all the bad stuff; … yet, her friend still loved her and was always there for her. 

  

And I hope that all reading here with me have at least one loyal friend like that.  But … even if we don’t have a human friend who is loyal and caring no matter what we might have done in the past, all real disciples of Christ do have a (capital F) Friend, … One Who knows EVERYTHING about us; and yet HE (AKA - GOD) still loves us.  And He’s the One we can go to - and follow - knowing the truth of what Andy Irons sings in the clever linked song; and believing what God says to us about His omniscient friendship in the Scriptures above.   

 And so, I’m praying that we all lift up a prayer of gratitude for a Friend-of-all friends; and a prayer, as in the highlight passage, for our Friend, Who knows our heart, to show us the way - His way - as we follow Him all the way home. 

Our Friend knows the way.  All we need to do is follow Him.    

My THANKFULNESS:  ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … thank You, Lord, for knowing my heart and for giving me Your GPS thru Your word, … the directions to follow You as You lead me to the Home You have prepared for me.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to pray and thank our all-knowing Friend, … our heavenly Father, … Who is leading us homeward today.   … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: