Thursday, August 26, 2021

August 26, 2021 … Jesus - Our Only Way …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 238 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Clay Cross, Bob Carlisle, and Bebe Winans singing   I Will Follow Christ … powerfully singing of a Christians commitment to follow Christ as Lord. 


 

He's the ONLY way ... 


==============

Highlight Passage:  Matthew 10:32-33 [NLT] …  

32 “Everyone who acknowledges ME publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But everyone who denies ME here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven. …”  

Jesus charges His disciples to go forth in His Name, proclaiming the Gospel which acknowledges Jesus, and Jesus ONLY, as King Jesus, … THE Lord, … The Messiah.                

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Matthew 10:1-7, 32-33 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … </b>

  Jesus sends His disciple to witness for Him with a message to other to acknowledge Him as Lord and to follow His ways only.       

==============                               


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ...  

… Acknowledging and following The Messiah is the ONLY way to find the true way thru life. 


Reference Passage: … Luke 9;23 [NLT] … 

23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be My follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow ME. … “ 

… Jesus proclaimed that His disciples must deny their (our) own way and follow ONLY His way. 


Reference Passage: … John 14:6 [NLT] … 

Jesus told [His disciples], “I am the way, the truth, and the life.No one can come to the Father except through me. …”  

… Jesus proclaimed to Thomas and His disciples (in the upper room) that He is the ONLY way to the Father and Heaven. 


Reference Passage: … 1John 2:3-4 [NLT] … 

 And we can be sure that we know Him if we obey His commandments. If someone claims, “I know God,” but doesn’t obey God’s commandments, that person is a liar and is not living in the truth.  

… The true follower of Christ, as Lord, is the one who obeys and follow His commandments (i.e., in and thru His word). 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author,Dave Banon, AT THIS LINK   … Illustrates the value of heeding warnings about guarding one’s wallet or purse when in crowded subways … to avoid pick-pockets.   


It’s good when we get warnings that help us avoid the dangers of life; … or a “GPS” to show is the right way to go in life, … ISN”T IT?  … Jesus gave those following Him, especially His disciples (see the highlight passage), a clear warning (see Luke 9:23 and John 14:6) that following Him - and His ways thru His words - was the ONLY way to follow God, the Father, or to find our way in this life, on our way home in Heaven.  

And oh, how I pray that anyone reading here is heeding the linked song and has decided to follow Christ, … seeing that the ONLY way in in life is to follow our Lord in obedience to His word (see 1John 2:3-4). So, my dear one, let us take heed and seek God’s will today and His ways, by obeying His word.  And in that way, … by heeding the directions of God’s “GPS” we can - AND WILL - find our way to glory.    

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me al the warnings and directions I need in life to follow You to glory … today and tomorrow.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to obey Your “GPS” in Your word, Lord, so that we can follow You to glory. .    … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: