Friday, August 20, 2021

August 20, 2021 … Seeking God’s Peace …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 232 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir singing  My Help Cometh from the Lord … Joyfully singing of how our help and strength, in times of trial or trouble, comes from our relationship with Christ. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 121:2 [NLT] …  

My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth! 

Our only real help in life comes from our Lord.               

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalm 121 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  The Psalmist writes for all believing pilgrims seeking God’s peace.         

==============                              


Reference Passage: Isaiah 26:3 [NLT] …  

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on You! 

  God’s promise, thru Isaiah, to give His peace to those who trust in snd seek the Lord’s way in life. 


Reference Passage </u>: Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] …  

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 

  God’s prophesy and promise, thru Isaiah to His people (and that’s us, too!) of God’s strength when we, who believe in and follower the Lord, are feeling weak or fearful.


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:6-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ... 

… God, thru Paul, provides Christians with a way to seek and find peace in life. 


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 4:16 [NLT] … 

16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.  

… When we need God’s empowering grace in life, as Christians, the Lord promises to provide be there for us. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Julie Schwab AT THIS LINK   … writes of a woman experiencing a stray bullet coming into her apartment and her fear being calmed, realizing that God had protected her.  

  

And when the circumstances of life would normally produce feelings of fear, we, who have a deep and abiding relationship with Christ, can know, from His promises (see Scriptures above) that our Lord promises to be our refuge and strength in times of trouble (specifically see Psalms 46:1 [photo] and 121:2). 

And Oh how I, personally, needed those grace-filling and strengthening promises today, dealing with severe/chronic pain and not knowing when - if ever - medical or surgical treatments can help. But, … just knowing that I can rely on God’s strength and His grace as I move forward; and His promises are enough for me to be uplifted today.

Perhaps readers here with me are dealing with overwhelming challenges today or know that they may lie ahead.  Well, PLEASE take in the Brooklyn Tab singing from Psalm 121 thru the linked song above.  And if you do, I know you will be uplifted with strength as was I today and for the future.   

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … thank You, Lord, for giving me Your strength thru Your promises to lift me up thru my current pain and weakness.   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to trust and rely on our God’s promise of His grace and strength when we are weakened or fearful by life’s trials.    … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: