Monday, June 20, 2022

June 20, 2022 … Real-deal Love …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 171 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  and take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Hillsong singing … Real Love … powerfully singing of how the love of Christ felt for and expressed to others is REAL LOVE.  


Real-deal love ... 

==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Romans 12:9-10 [NLT] …  

Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. 10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.  

… Paull helping his fellow Christians understand the essence of Christlike love.                       


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Romans 12:9-21 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … =

… Paul teaches fellow Christians about the essence of genuine, sincere love.                               ===============                                


Reference Passage: …  John 13:34 [NLT] …  

34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. .

… Jesus commands all His disciples to love each other as He has loved us.  


Reference Passage: …  1Corinthians 13:4-7 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul shows fellow Christians the essence of sincere love.  


Reference Passage: …  Ephesians 5:2 [NLT] …  

Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered Himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God. 

… Paul exhorts Christians to love one another as Christ loved us to become a pleasing aroma to God.  


Reference Passage: …  1John 4:7 [NLT] …  

... 7  Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. 

… God, thru John, shows that those who truly know God will love one another.

                                                                                 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Monica La Rose … AT THIS LINK  relates about deep and sincere feelings of love for someone in the author’s past who, after separating in relationship, cause so many confusing feelings.   


And “love” can be confusing and frustrating; but when we know and feel the Love of Christ for others, it’s the REAL-DEAL and should be expressed to others.  And I know that kind of love; and any reader here can see that love expressed for the 57 years of our marriage (see photo).  But everyday, tho it may not be as intense as my love for the one in the photo or my love for my Savior, I also can express “read-deal,” Christlike, love for others in my life; and I pray we do so everyday of our lives.     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your “real-deal” love to share with others.       

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to share the love You have for us with others today. … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: