Friday, June 03, 2022

June 3, 2022 … Rainbows Of Hope

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 154 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from David Crowder and Tauren Wells singing … All My Hope … poignantly singing of where we can always find our hope.  


A Rainbow of hope ... 

==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalm 42:5 & 11 [NLT] …  

Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hop in God! I will praise Him again - my Savior and my God! 

… Recognizing that only God can breakthrough like a rainbow and give us hope to dispel our sadness and grief.       


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 42 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

…A song and prayer of the hope we have in our Lord.                                                                    

===============                


Reference Passage: …  John 14:6 [NLT] … 

Jesus … , “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

… Jesus declares that we must put ALL our hope in Him for our hope of an eternal home in heaven.  


Reference Passage: … Romans 8:24-25 [NLT] …  

24 We were given this hope when we were saved. (If we already have something, we don’t need to hope for it. 25 But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.) 

… Paul assures fellow Christians what all born-again Christians can rely upon - i.e., putting all our hope in the finished work of Jesus in dying for our sins. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 15:13 [NLT] …  

13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. 

… Paul prays that fellow Christians will have the same hope and peace found in trusting in Christ for our eternal home with Him in heaven.       


Reference Passage  1Peter 1:3-4 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… Peter preaches to oppressed Christians about the eternal hope we have in Christ.     

                                                                                 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Poh Xochitl Dixon  AT THIS LINK   tells of being in the doldrums during a family vacation. But, … in the midst of a cloudy/rainy day which drove the family indoors, the author caught a rainbow a photo, shining thru in the midst of the clouds (as in the photo)… the rainbow lifting the family spirits with hope.       

     

I think we all know that God gave Noah and his family a rainbow of promise and hope; and He gave us the light of Christ as His eternal rainbow of hope …  that believing in Jesus as Lord will draw us to our eternal home with Him in heaven.  


So, some of you readers - maybe many of you - may be going thru some dark storms of life; but if you take in the linked song and look heavenward by meditating on the Scriptures above, putting all our hope in our Lord, King Jesus, … perhaps you, like I am right now, will see a rainbow of hope shining through.       


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, …for bing my rainbow of hope today … and all days.                  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to look for the Rainbow of hope that we see in Your light, Lord,  shining thru the darkness.     Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: