Tuesday, June 21, 2022

June 21, 2022 … Wings of Protection …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 172 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   take the time to take in song and lyrics from Lauren Daigle singing … Your Wings… joyfully singing of how we Christians are under God’s wings of protection no matter what comes our way.  


Wings of protection ... 

==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalm 91:4 [NLT] …  

He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. 

… The psalmist sings of God’s love/grace sheltering His own like a mother bird covering her little ones under her wings <b>(see photo)</b>.                       


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 91:1-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s Psalmist sings of God’s proactive care for His children.                                                    ===============                                


Reference Passage: …  Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Solomon, promises to give guiding grace and protectively lead those who COMPLETELY trust in His.   


Reference Passage: …  Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] …  

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 

… God’s promise to His faithful followers to ALWAYS be there to lift them (us) up when we need Him.    


Reference Passage: …  Isaiah 54:17 [NLT] … 

17 But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you.These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord; their vindication will come from me. I, the Lord, have spoken! 

… God promises His people, thru Isaiah, of a day when the Lord will totally protect His faithful remnant of believers..


Reference Passage: …  John 16:33 [NLT] …  

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” 

… Jesus promises His disciples that He had (and has) overcome the threats from the world.   


Reference Passage: …  Hebrews 13:6 [NLT] …  

So we can say with confidence,  “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?” 

… The Author of Hebrews quotes from <b><u>Psalm 118:6</b></u> that we can rely on God’s protection when people assail us.  

                                                                                 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Marvin Williams … AT THIS LINK  relates a true story of a mother saving her child, who was attacked by a mountain lion, to illustrate how God protects His children.    


And I have always loved the attached photo of a mother dove spreading it’s wings to protect her chicks from the rain, … which aptly illustrates the here-and-now reality of God’s promises  in Psalm 91:4 and the other Scriptures above.  


And so, if any of my readers … here today … are feeling oppressed or under attack from the world, … come - in faith - under the wings of our Lord, knowing that He will give us His protection.    


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for ALWAYS being my protector.      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to come and know You are protecting us, Lord, with Your enabling grace. … Amen


============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: