Tuesday, June 28, 2022

June 28, 2022 … Being Real Friends of God …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 179 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing … I Am A Friend of God … powerfully singing of those who become friends of God. 



==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Matthew 10:40 [NLT] … 

40 “Anyone who receives you receives me, and anyone who receives me receives the Father who sent me. 

… Jesus gives His disciples insight as to whom would truly become friends of God.                          

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Matthew 10:1-4, 40-42 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus shows His disciples how to discern those would become friends of God.                        ===============                                


Reference Passage: …  Psalm 23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK

… King David sings of being a friend of The Good Shepherd


Reference Passage: …  John 15:13-15 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus teaches His disciples (and us) that we become friends of God when we obey God’s word.      


Reference Passage: …  James 2:23 [NLT] …  

23 And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.” He was even called the friend of God. 

… James teach fellow Christians how Abraham became a friend of God by believing and following the Lord in his life.


Reference Passage: …  Revelation 3:20 [NLT] …  

20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. 

… Jesus tells those who follow Him how to become closer friends with Him.  

                                                                                 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Mart DeHaan … AT THIS LINK  writes of how close one can feel to a stranger when we discover that we have a mutual friend with whom we both trust as a close friend.  And the ODB author shows that we often hear, in situations like that, one might say,  “So nice to meet you. Any friend of Sam’s, or Samantha’s, is a friend of mine.” 


And if my fellow Christian readers have taken in the lyrics of the linked song and meditated on the Scriptures above, we come to realize that we become true, born-again, friends of God when we believe in our Lord and follow Him obediently and faithfully.  And when we meet others who love the Lord, we feel instant friendship - and even kinship - with them.  


I’m sure others reading here have experienced that kind of kinship in meeting other Christian “strangers.”  And I pray that we all will reach out to meet and share the love of God with others as we’re willing to help new acquaintances, who don’t know Jesus, to become His friends today.     

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for being my friend as I share Your love with others today.        

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to reach out and help others come to know You as a friend today.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: