Saturday, June 25, 2022

June 25, 2022 … Deep Prayers For Dark Moments …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 176 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   take the time to take in song and lyrics from Matt Boswell and Matt Papa singing … Lord From Sorrow Deep I Call …poignantly singing (from Psalm 42) of how believers in the Lord can bring our sorrows to Him in prayer with hope eternal.   

Deep prayers for dark times ... 

==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalm 143:11 [NLT] …  <

11 For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life. Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress. <

… David prays for God’s help in a time of great distress.                         


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 143 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… King David goes to God for help in a time of desperation.                                                          ===============                                


Reference Passage: …  Job 1:20-22 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Job declares his faith in God in the darkest time in his life.  


Reference Passage: …  Psalm 23:4 [NLT] … 

Even when I wall through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me.Your rod and Your staff protect and comfort me.  

… David sings of his confidence in his God during the darkest times of his life.   


Reference Passage: …  Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] …  

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you.I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.  

… God promises, thru Isaiah, to lift all true believers up in our weakest times.  


Reference Passage: …  Matthew 11:28-30 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus promises His faithful followers His strength to all who put their faith in Him.  


Reference Passage: …  1Peter 5:7 [NLT] …  

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. 

… God, thru Peter, calls Christians - even in their darkest moments - to bring their (our) cares and concerns to God, Who cares for His chosen ones. 

                                                                                 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Arthur Jackson … AT THIS LINK  tells of a popular actress who contemplated suicide during the isolation and fears during the COVID epidemic, and was quoted as saying,  “I had a dark moment.”


We’ve all had, … or are having, .. or will have … our own dark moments, won’t we, … where we feel deeply down or weakened for a time.  So, in those dark times, fellow Christian, where do to we go for strength or comfort?  Well, I don’t know about you, my fellow Christian readers today; but I’m bolstered and lifted up by the linked song and the truths shared above in the Scriptures I’ve referenced today.  


So, if we’re in a place like David was in Psalm 143 or Job was (see Job 1:20-22), let’s all just take Jesus’ promise (see Matt 11:28-30) as truth and bring our dark moments to You, Lord, … knowing (as Peter promised in 1Peter 5:7) that you care, Lord, and will lift us up (as God promised in Isaiah 41:10). 


And we’ll be okay, my friend, … even in the darkest of times.      


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your enabling grace to make it thru even my darkest moments.       

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to receive Your grace, Lord, to help us thru any of our dark times.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: