Saturday, March 13, 2021

Mar 13, 2021 … His Love Letter

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 72


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from The Gettys singing… Speak O Lord  poignantly singing of how God tells His love story for us thru His word. 


God's love letter to His Bride ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Genesis 1:28a, 31a  [ESV] ... 

28 And God blessed them. … 31 And God saw everything that He had made, and behold, it was very good.

… God’s declaration of His love and blessing to mankind thru creation.   

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   Genesis 1:26-31 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s story of His love thru creation.   

==============     


Reference Passage: … John 3:16  [ESV] …  

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.  

  Jesus relates that God, the Father, loved us SO MUCH that He gave us His Son to die on a cross and save us from our sin.  


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 3:16-17 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  Paul shows us that God’s story, thru His word, is God’s breathed for mankind to read and know of His love.    


Reference Passage: … 2Peter 1:21  [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.  

  Peter relates the truth of God’s word being from God … for man … thru God’s Spirit.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Anne Cetas, AT THIS LINK   tells of meeting a 6 year old boy, named Genesis.  And after telling the boy of his unique name being the first book in the Bible, he asked the ODB author, … “What is the Bible?”  


How would you answer the little boy?  The ODB author answered, … “It’s God’s storybook about how He made the world and people and how He loves us.”  And I certainly don’t think I could improve on that answer.  But I might’ve said, “The Bible is God’s love letter to us and it’s how He tells us about how He made everything in this world to show how much He loves us.”  


How do you see God’s word, my fellow Christian?  Do you come to it, desiring to get to know Your Bridegroom and experience His love for you, … His bride?  Because if you see the Bible as I do, it will draw you back to it - every day - to read and meditate on God’s promises and His love for us. It’s why I’m here again this morning, … taking in more of His love for me thru His love letter.  And I pray you’re basking in His love for you thru His word EVERYDAY!! 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being with me again today, telling me more of Your story, thru Your love letter.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to bask in Your love, Lord, thru Your Holy Word. … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: