Friday, March 19, 2021

Mar 19, 2021 … Needing Prayer

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 78 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   … Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Alisa Turner singing… My Prayer For You  poignantly singing of how we Christians can lift up and support fellow Christians with prayer.  


Purple prayer shawl ... gives peace from prayer support ... 


==============

Highlight Passage:  Romans 15:30 [ESV] ... 

30 I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God on my behalf, …  

… The Apostle Paul pleads for prayer support from fellow Christians.    

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   Romans 15:23-33 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul, to fellow Christians in Rome, pleads for their prayer support in his desire to come to them from Jerusalem to Rome.  

==============       


Reference Passage: … Matthew 26:41 [ESV] …  

41 Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” 

  Jesus, needing prayer support from 3 disciples in the garden of Gethsemane … 


Reference Passage: … Mark 11:24 [ESV] …  

24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.  

  Jesus’ promise of the power of prayer when we are in tune with God’s Spirit. </i>   


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:6 [ESV] …  

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. </i> 

  God, thru Paul, shows Christians the importance and value of taking our prayers to God when we’re anxious, especially to help others.    


Reference Passage: … James 5:16 [ESV] …  

16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.   

  James shows Christians the value of a righteous person praying for another, especially those who need healing or support.    


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon, AT THIS LINK  wrote of how much emotional support she got, while caretaking for her mother, that a hand-knit purple prayer shawl (see photo) was for her, … knowing that the friend who made the warm scarf was praying for her. 


About 10 years ago a group of Christian brothers who had been helped by the discipleship of a ministry I was called to found and lead … SEE THIS LINK  …  gave me a replica of a Roman Sword to remind me that they would be praying for God’s word to be the sword of the Spirit for me as I did battle in ministry.  That sword hangs on the wall in my ministry office and reminds me that I have brothers praying for my Spiritual protection every day.  And if you’ve gone to the link above, you’ll see why I need that prayer. 


We all need the support of prayer at times, don’t we?  Jesus needed prayer support in the garden of Gethsemane, didn’t He (see  Matt 26:41 )?   And the Apostle Paul showed fellow Christians his need of prayer in the highlight passage.  And Jesus’ brother, James, showed that when we have others who need healing or supporting prayer, … that prayer is effective when coming from righteous prayer warriors (see James 5:16). 


So, I pray that we all recognize Jesus’ promise of the power of prayer (see Mark 11:24) … and that we all be in prayer today for anyone in our lives who needs our intercessory prayers.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for the prayers of others in my life.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to pray for those who need God’s grace which is called down from our prayers for them today.  … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: