Sunday, March 07, 2021

Mar 7, 2021 … Praying For Others

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 66 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Lauren Daigle singing … Here’s My Heart Lord  poignantly singing of how we should be giving our heart over to God in prayer. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Daniel 9:3 [ESV] ... 

Then I turned my face to the Lord God, seeking Him by prayer and pleas for mercy with fasting and sackcloth and ashes.

… Daniel, in faithful prayer, seeks deliverance for God’s people.     

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]:…   Daniel 9:1-5, 17-19 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Daniel, knowing of God’s covenant of delivery for His people from Babylon, prays diligently for forgiveness from God and deliverance for His people. 

============== 


Reference Passage: … 2Chronicles 7:14 [ESV] …  

14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.  

  Good plan these days, don’t you think? But do we really believe Him?!! 


Reference Passage: … Psalm 116:1-2 [ESV] … 

I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy   2  Because He inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call on Him as long as I live. 

  God’s promise that He bends down to hear our prayers.  So, why don’t we pray?      


Reference Passage: … John 15:7 [ESV] … 

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 

… Jesus’ promise that when we abide in Him and pray, it will be done for us.  


Reference Passage: … 1Timothy 2:1 [ESV] … 

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, …  

  God, thru Paul, urges us to pray for others.  


Reference Passage: … James 5:16 [ESV] … 

16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.  

  God, thru James, exhorts us to pray for one another.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Dave Branon AT THIS LINK  tells of the humble prayer of a five year old during family prayers, illustrating how God calls us all out to pray for one another.  


I’m convicted by this ODB entry today.  I truly believe that God hears our prayers; … and, as Jesus, and others in Scripture (above) have declared, … our Lord moves for us when we abide in Him and pray for others.  But I don’t do it diligently enough. How about you?  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for hearing our prayers.

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to humbly go to our Lord today, praying for others.    … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: