Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Mar 16, 2021 … Strength of Heart

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 75 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing… His Strength Is Perfect  poignantly singing of how God’s strength of heart is there for us when our heart is weak.  


A strong heartbeat ... 
 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 73:26 [ESV] ... 

26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 

… My heart may weaken; but God’s heart for me never will.     

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   Psalm 73:21-28 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Asaph, the Psalmist, declares the strength of God’s heart for our life when our heart wanes in weakness.  

==============       


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 40:31, 41:10 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  God, thru Isaiah, promises His strength four us when we are weakened.  


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] …  

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.   

  Paul writes of Jesus promising Paul (and us) of His strength when we are weak.  


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 6:10 [ESV] …  

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 

  Paul exhorts fellow Christians to take on the strength of Christ.   


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:13 [ESV] …  

13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

  Paul writes of Jesus giving him the strength he needs for life. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Bill Crowder, AT THIS LINK  compares the heartbeat of a hummingbird to that of a blue whale and a human; and tho, vastly different in rate, the strength of the heartbeat of each sustains the life of the host.  And that according to the author make “the heart” the most common metaphor for life giving strength in the Bible.   


I’m praying today that all reading with me have meditated on the Scriptures above and taken in the linked song.   And I would hope we all see that it is God’s beating heart for us, as His children, that gives us His strength when our heart for life might be weak.  And it’s only God’s enabling and empowering grace that does that.  


So, I pray on that we’ll all take on God’s strength - yes, even today - to have the strength to take on the challenges of life, … especially in these viral times when we’re feeling so Covid weakened.  Because, my fellow Christians, God’s power, … thru His enabling grace, … is ALWAYS strong enough to give us the power to live onward for His glory. That's HIS PROMISE, not mine!  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me the strength of heart to live on today for Your glory.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to receive Your grace, Lord, which is always sufficient to give us Your power when we’re feeling weak. … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: