Monday, March 08, 2021

Mar 8, 2021 … God’s Love Letter

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 67 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from The Gettys singing Stuart Townsend’s … Speak O Lord  poignantly singing of how God speaks His truth so powerfully to us thru His word. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  John 20:30-31 [ESV] ... 

30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name.

… John writes his Gospel account to allow his readers to know that Jesus was THE CHRIST.     

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   John 20:24-31 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus shows a reluctant Thomas proof of His divinity; and John writes His Gospel that we might believe in Jesus as Messiah and Lord. 

============== 


Reference Passage: … Psalm 119:105 [ESV] … 

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 

  God’s word is given to us so that we might have the light of truth to guide our path in life.     


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 3:16-17 [ESV] … 

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

  God’s word is given to us so that we might be empowered and completed in Christ.     


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 4:12 [ESV] …  

12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.  

  God gave us His word to give us His power.  


Reference Passage: … 1John 5:13 [ESV] … 

13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. 

  John wrote a letter to fellow believers so that Christians would KNOW that they (we) have eternal life thru our belief in Jesus as The Christ.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, John Blasé AT THIS LINK  wrote about the diaries of Etty Hillesum, which were discovered and published after WW2, documenting her horrible experiences during the holocaust.  


And from God’s love letter to mankind, thru HIs word, we glean the reality of Whom we worship and serve, … the King of kings and Lord of lords, … Who loved us enough to die for us.  That’s why you find me starting each day, … going back into God’s Holy diary and His love letter to me, as I read and receive what writers, inspired to write what they wrote by God’s Spirit to convey His love for me (see Scriptures and Song above).  And so, … thru His Love Letter, I grow closer to my Lord and glean His truth to lead me, to empower me, and to deal with life.   


And I pray that others reading here with me are delving into God’s Love Letter of Truth today … and everyday. 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your Love Letter

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to glean power for life by reading our Lord’s love letter daily.    … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: