Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Mar 31, 2021 … Pulling Weeds …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 90 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Clay Crosse, Bob Carlisle, and Bebe Winans singing… I Will Follow Christ …  powerfully singing how we Christians must follow the Lord’s will no matter where it might lead in life. 


Pulling out the weeds by the roots ... 


==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalms 139:23-24 [ESV] ... 

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart,  Try me and know my thoughts.  24 And see if there be any grievous way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.  

… David sings of his desire that God root out all sinful thoughts and lead him in God's way everlasting.       

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalms 139:1-7, 23-24  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… King David recognizes His God’s omniscience and omnipotence and prays for God to root out any wickedness in the King’s heart.       

==============         


Reference Passage: … 1Chronicles 28:9  [ESV] …  

“And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve Him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek Him, He will be found by you, but if you forsake Him, he will cast you off forever. 

  King David charges His son, Solomon, to ALWAYS seek and follow God’s ways … with a willing heart and mind.  


Reference Passage: … Psalm 119:9-10 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

  David sings of God tool to root out sinful thinking … i.e., by actively using God’s truth as our weeding tool.    


Reference Passage: … Psalm 44:20-21 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

  God, thru the Psalmist. shows that God ALWAYS knows where all the weeds are growing in our hearts.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Patricia Raybon, AT THIS LINK  tells of her family, including her grandchildren, working together to pull weeds out of the family garden (see photo), which is an apt picture of what we need to do in our lives … i.e., to eradicate the roots of sin in our hearts and minds so that we might grow in Christ more readily.   


And that’s what all of the Scriptures above point to from King David, who was a “man after God’s own Heart,” telling His son, Solomon, and writing songs about doing all they can, as believers in an all-knowing and all-powerful God, to weed out any roots of sin in our hearts/minds so that we may be able to follow God’s way more readily and effectively to grow in Christlikeness.  


That’s why … EVERY DAY of my life … I begin each day by praying from David’s Psalm 139:23-24 … for my God, who knows all my thoughts, to help me pull out the roots of any sin in my heart and to lead me that day - and in life - so that I would do what the linked song sings … and that is to follow Christ no matter where He might lead me.  


How about joining me in that prayer?     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, King Jesus, … for helping me to pull out the weeds of sin in my heart today.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to take action and do some weed pulling today.     … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: