Monday, March 29, 2021

Mar 29, 2021 … God - Our Refuge …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 88 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir singing… God Is Our Refuge and Strength  powerfully singing in worship of how must rely on God’s strength to lead and lift us thru the battles of life. 


Desmond Doss in WW2 ... in the Movie, Hacksaw Ridge 
 
==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 11:1a [ESV] ... 

11a In the Lord I take refuge; …  

… David declares that THE LORD is his refuge …     

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalm 11  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… David writes of relying on the Lord as his refuge in the battles of life.      

==============         


Reference Passage: … Psalms 18:1-2 [ESV] …  

1 I love you, O Lord, my strength.  2  The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,  my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 

  David again sings of God being his fortress, … his refuge, .. his stronghold, … his salvation. 


Reference Passage: … Psalms 46:1 [ESV] …  

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 

  David repetitively sings of relying on God’s strength to be his refuge in times of trouble. 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 28:20b [ESV] …  

20  And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” … 

  Jesus tells His disciples that He would be with us ALWAYS. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Arthur Jackson, AT THIS LINK    tells of the exploits of a young soldier in WW2, Desmond Doss, who received the Medal of Honor for saving many lives in battle, a story depicted in the movie, Hacksaw Ridge, … an incredible story of a Christian relying on his faith in God during the throes of  battle and relying on the Lord’s strength to lift him up.  


If you’ve seen that movie, you know that Private Doss was a conscientious objector, and never fired a weapon in battle. … However, as a medic, he saved the lives of many others in battle at great risk to himself and was recognized with the Congressional Medal of Honor [see photo].  And I personally found the movie compelling to illustrate what David wrote and sung about repetitively in Scripture (see Psalms 11, 18, and 46 above), showing his reliance on God when he did battle in God’s Name and for His glory.  


And the ODB entry today challenges all Christians to ask of ourselves whether we’re doing battle on our own strength in the trials of life; … OR …  are we trusting and relying on God’s Spirit to give us the strength and direction to fight onward in God’s name?   I pray for the latter !!     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your empowering grace and strength to do battle today.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to go to battle today relying on You, Lord, as our refuge.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: