Monday, March 22, 2021

Mar 22, 2021 … God’s Word = My “GPS”

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 81 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from The Gettys singing… Speak O Lord…  poignantly singing of how God speaks and leads us thru His word. 


The Power of God's word to lead us in life ... 
 

=============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 119:105 [ESV] ... 

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

… Relying on God’s word is a powerful lamp leading us out of life’s darkness into God’s light.   

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalm 119:97-105 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… The Psalmist shows the power of God’s word to lead us thru life.    

==============        


Reference Passage: … Psalm 119:9-11 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  If we desire to avoid sin in our lives, memorizing God’s word is God’s prescription for power. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 1:16 [ESV] …  

16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 

  For all Christians, The Gospel (i.e., God’s word) is the power of God for salvation.  

 

Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 3:16-17  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

  God, thru Paul, teaches about the God’s inspired power of God’s word to equip us to deal with all of life. 


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 4:12 [ESV] …  

12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

  God, thru Paul, teaches of the power of God’s word being a powerful sword, able to cut thru the burdens of life.


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Amy Boucher Pye, AT THIS LINK   wrote of how Dwight Moody decided to rely on the power of God’s word to help him preach on God’s revival power during the Chicago’s World’s Fair in 1893.  And as it turned out,  Moody’s preaching and the power of God’s word was a rousing success in spite of the competition of the popular World’s Fair.  


If any reader has taken any time during the past 12 years that I’ve been coming here daily to dig into and journal from God’s word, you would’ve seen that I often use the word picture of God’s word being my “GPS” for life.  In my maturation as a Christian, I’ve come to realize the reality and truth of how King David wrote of relying on God’s word [see Psalm 119] to lead him (and us) thru life.  


As The Getty’s sing in the linked song, God’s word shows us the way in life.  It is the power of God for salvation (Rom 1:16).  It is our sharp sword in spiritual warfare (Heb 4:12).  And God’s word equips us to deal with all the challenges of life (2Tim 3:16-17).  


So, … I pray that all reading here with me today are becoming as addicted to being in God’s word as I have … to let it be our “GPS” (God’s Positioning System) for life.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your GPS to lead me out of the darkness and into Your light.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to use God’s GPS every day to lead us by your light of truth, Lord, … out of the darkness of this world.  … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site. 

No comments: