Thursday, March 04, 2021

Mar 4, 2021 … Know Jesus = Know God

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 63 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Paul Baloche singing … Open the Eyes of My Heart  poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, must seek to know God intimately.  



==============

Highlight Passage:  John 14:10 [ESV] ... 

10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.  

… Jesus clearly declares to Phillip and to His disciples that He is God and to know Him is to know God, the Father as well.      

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   John 14:8-11 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus clearly declares to His disciples that He and the God, the Father are one. 

============== 


Reference Passage: … Psalm 119:10 [ESV] …  

With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! 

  King David, the Psalmist, reveals that we get to know God when we seek Him, as David did, thru God’s word.    


Reference Passage: … John 1:1, 14 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  Thru John we read that the Word became flesh in Jesus, revealing, … thru Him, … the nature of God, the Father. 


Reference Passage: … John 17:3-9 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  Before He went back to be with His Father, Jesus prays that we come to know the Father by knowing Him thru His word.  


Reference Passage: … Philippians 3:8 [ESV] …  

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ. 

  Paul saw everything in his life as nothing compared to getting to know Jesus as His Lord.


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 3:16-17 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  Paul teaches Timothy (and us) that God’s word is the way we get to know our God and equip ourselves to live in, thru, and for His glory.   


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Con Campbell, AT THIS LINK    relates a humorous story of a British conductor who. in meeting a lovely lady that he thought he knew and remembering that she had a brother, … asked her if her brother was still in the same job, … to which she replied, … “Oh, he’s very well,” she said, “And still king.”  


Funny story; … but with a very serious point for us.  And that is the question as to whether we really know our King, … our God, … our Heavenly Father.  And what are we doing to get to know our Lord more intimately?  And personally, I answer that question by your finding me here - every morning - getting to know my God thru His word. 


A mentor once asked me what was my primary ambition, or goal, in life, … to which I replied, … “to glorify God.”  He agreed with me; and then asked me how I would do that.  Then he said, … to KNOW God is to love God, … to LOVE God is obey God, … to OBEY God is to serve God, … and to SERVE God is to GLORIFY God.  His point - for all of us - was that we glorify God … first … by getting to know Him.  And we do that primarily by knowing His word. 


So, … thru the Scriptures and the linked song above, … that’s my pursuit here today?  How are you getting to know God, the Father, thru our relationship with King Jesus today?  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for letting me get to know You more today thru Your word. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to get to know You, Lord, more closely today thru Your word.  … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: