Sunday, March 14, 2021

Mar 14, 2021 … Following Faith or Fear?

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 73 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing… I Will Follow  powerfully singing of how those who are surrendered and truly love Jesus will follow Him … ANYWHERE He leads.  


Are we following by fear or by faith ... ?? 
 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Mark 4:39-40  [ESV] ... 

39 And He awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40 He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?”  

… Jesus rebukes His disciple’s fear in the storm with Him with them in the boat.    

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   Mark 4:35-41 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus’ disciples recoil in fear rather than having faith that their Messiah would save them.    

==============     


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6  [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

21 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  6 In ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.  

  Christ can’t lead us unless we have enough faith to follow Him.


Reference Passage: … Luke 9:23  [ESV] …  

23 And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 

  Jesus relates that it take faith deny our selves or our fears to follow Him thru the storms of life. 


Reference Passage: … John 14:21  [ESV] …  

21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” 

  Jesus cannot manifest Himself in us unless we’re willing to have faith enough to obediently follow His commands.  


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 1:7 [ESV] … 

for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.    

  God, thru Paul, shows us that a spirit of fear NEVER comes from God.      


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Adam R Holz, AT THIS LINK   tells of of being convicted by a TV commercial to question the depth of his faith, … wondering if it was fear that was motivating him instead of faith. 


Good question, isn’t it?  If we were in that boat in the Mark 4 storm, … with Jesus sleeping in that threateing storm (in the highlight passage), would we have been like the fearful disciples; or would we have enough faith to know that Jesus would not let His disciples perish?  It’s a question of FAITH versus FEAR (see photo), isn’t it?  


And I’m praying that all reading here with me can declare - to our Lord - that we have enough faith to trust and follow our Lord today … and tomorrow.   So let’s sing along with Chris Tomlin -TOGETHER - that we are going to rebuke our fears  today- which are never from God - and follow our Lord.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being with me in my boat … ALWAYS!!! 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to trust that God will ALWAYS bring us thru the storms of life.… Amen 


=============

Blogger Note Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: