Thursday, March 18, 2021

Mar 18, 2021 ... Wee Warriors

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 77 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Maranatha Singers singing… The Battle Belongs to the Lord  poignantly singing of how God gives us His strength to fight for His kingdom. 


Wee desert warrior kills and consumes scorpions ... 
 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Ephesians 2:10 [ESV] ... 

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. 

… We are God’s workmanship, created to do His handiwork on earth.     

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   Ephesians 2:4-10 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Paul, shows that His grace gives us His strength to do His workmanship.  

==============       


Reference Passage: … Psalm 139:14 [ESV] …      

14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. 

  David declares that he (and we) are fearfully made by God’s grace for His glory. 


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 [ESV] …  

14 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

  We need not fear in the battles of life, because, as the linked song sings, “The Battle Belongs to the Lord!”   


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] …  

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  

… God, thru Paul, shows us God’s promise that His grace is available to us to be able to overcome our weaknesses.  


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 4:7 [ESV] …  

But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift. 

  Each born-again Christian is given special gifts by God’s grace to do His will in this life.   


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Monica La Rose, AT THIS LINK   shows the power of the mighty little grasshopper mouse in the desert, who was specially gifted by God to defeat and consume scorpions (see photo), … illustrating how God gifts us, by His grace, to be His mighty warriors and to do battle in His Kingdom for His glory.  


And the Scriptures above as well as the linked song declare that reality.  We may be “wee warriors” in God’s grand and glorious scheme and in His kingdom; but we, as Christ’s disciples, have been uniquely gifted and strengthened to be His warriors against the enemies of God. 


And so, I pray we all go forth, using our grace-designed gifts, to be God’s warriors, doing battle today in His Name and for His glory. 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving wee me the strength to do Your battles. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to Your grace and strength to do battle in Your Name today. … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: