Thursday, March 25, 2021

Mar 25, 2021 … Our Shepherd Calls …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 84 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Marty Goetz singing… Psalm 23  poignantly singing from his arrangement of Psalm 23 … of the Lord being our Good Shepherd.


The Good Shepherd calls His sheep ... 


==============

Highlight Passage:  John 10:14-15 [ESV] ... 

14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 

… Jesus referred to Himself as the Good Shepherd who knows His sheep and the sheep know Him as their Shepherd who is willing to die for His sheep.   

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  John 10:1-15 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus likened Himself to a shepherd who gathers and takes care of His sheep.   

==============        


Reference Passage: … Psalm 23:1-4 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  David knew and sung of The Lord as being his Good Shepherd.  


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 40:11, 53:6 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  Isaiah prophesies of a Good Shepherd coming to gather His flock, … loving His sheep, who often go astray.  

 

Reference Passage: … John 3:16 [ESV] …  </b>

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.  

  God was willing to sacrifice His Son as the Good Shepherd, willing to die for His sheep. 


Reference Passage: … 1 Peter 2:25 [ESV] …  

25 For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.  

  Peter also likens The Lord as a Good Shepherd gathering His wayward lambs.   


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Julie Schwab, AT THIS LINK   … tells of a young man, … Ken, … who was put in charge of the sheep for a live-animal display in his church.  And in the process, the wayward sheep ultimately learned to know Ken’s voice and trust him and would eventually even come to him when he called. 


No wonder that the Bible often uses the picture of Jesus, our Messiah, being our “Good Shepherd” and us being pictured as His wayward lambs (see Isaiah 41/53).  who come to know and trust The Lord as our Good Shepherd (see Ps. 23 and John 10).   I really love the arrangement of Psalm 23 written and sung by Mary Goetz. We all know this beloved Psalm from King David; and I hope this linked version calms your soul as it does mine.  


AND, … I pray that all reading here with me know our Good Shepherd; and that we’re all willing to come when He calls us by name, … because He will … and He does!  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being my loving, GOOD Shepherd.    

My Prayer Today:: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to come to our Good Shepherd when He calls us today.   


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: