Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Mar 10, 2021 … Practice Makes Perfect

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 69 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Jeremy Camp singing… Walk By Faith  poignantly singing of how we, as disciples of Christ, must walk by faith, carefully following His path to be able to lead others to Him. 


Helping with homework ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Philippians 4:9 [ESV] ... 

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.  

… Paul was confident that others could follow him in Paul’s walk of faith.       

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context] : …   Philippians 4:1-9 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul exhorts fellow Christians follow his teaching and walk in the disciplines of the faith.  

============== 


Reference Passage: … Psalm 1:1-2 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK   

  God blesses those who delight in closely following God’s word.     


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 11:1  [ESV] … 

Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. 

  Again Paul was confident in leading others because he knew that he was following Christ.    


Reference Passage: … 1Timothy 4:7—8 [ESV] …  

Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness;  for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.  

  Paul showing Timothy (and us) that it takes training in Godliness to be a disciple of Christ.  


Reference Passage: … 2Peter 1:5-8 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  Peter also exhorts Christians to develop traits of Godliness by following Christ.    


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Glenn Packiam, AT THIS LINK   … tells of a father helping his son to learn, in the discipline of doing the homework assigned (see photo).  


As children of God, we need to learn to do God’s homework, don’t we?  And that is “walking by faith” as Jeremy Camp sings in the linked song.   And God’s word, thru various authors (see above), clearly commands and exhorts us, as disciples of Christ, to walk-the-walk of faith and practice the disciplines of the faith. 


That’s why you find me here starting each day, exercising the disciplines of solitude, prayer, and the study of God’s word; because I know how much of a lazy believer I can be when I don’t do my “homework.”   How about you, fellow Christian?  Is there some discipline you could improve thru practice to be able to model Christlikeness to others?   


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for helping me overcome my natural laziness by doing the homework You give me to do each day. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to walk-the-walk of faith and being disciplined to follow our Lord today.     … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: