Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Mar 3, 2021 … He Goes Ahead

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 62 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Carly Fletcher singing … I Will Go Before You  poignantly singing of God’s promise to go before those who really believe in Him. 


Saved from a snake bite ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Deuteronomy 31:8 [ESV] ... 

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

… God, thru Moses, promises Joshua and God’s people that He would go before them and protect them.        

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   Deuteronomy 31:1-8 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Moses, promises His remnant of believers that He will go ahead of them into the Promised Land and protect them against all enemies. 

============== 


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  We must trust that God will go before us.  


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 52:12 [ESV] …  

12 For you shall not go out in haste, and you shall not go in flight, for the Lord will go before you,and the God of Israel will be your rear guard. 

  God’s promise, thru Isaiah, that God will ALWAYS go ahead to protect His chosen believers. 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 28:20 [ESV] …  

20 …  And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”  

… Jesus, as He ascends into heaven, with the promise to ALWAYS be with His true disciples.   


Reference Passage: … John 10:7-11 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  Jesus promises to be our “Good Shepherd,” always going ahead and protecting His sheep. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, James Banks, AT THIS LINK   relates a personal incident where he was weeding his garden and came very/VERY close to being bitten by a poisonous snake (see photo).   But immediately he realized that God had protected him from harm.  


I can recall a time when I was sitting at a stop light, frustrated and wanting to speed ahead to an appointment.  And just as the light turned green, I dropped something; and in delaying to pick up the item, a car sped thru their red light and would’ve hit me if I had not been delayed to pick up the item I had dropped.  


How often does God, as He has promised (see Scriptures and Song above), go ahead and protect His faithful children from harm?  I think far more often than we ever realize!  And I pray we stop in this moment of reflection and praise our Lord for being our Good Shepherd, … the One Who goes ahead of His sheep to protect us … maybe even today.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being our Good Shepherd today and always. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to thank our Lord for His protection as our Good Shepherd today … and yes, tomorrow too!   … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: